Saturday, August 02, 2008

Ms. Patsy's Cream Cheese Pound Cake

Ms Patsy crafted my wedding cake and it was beautiful and delicious! Several years later, I took cake decorating classes and guess who was my teacher. These are her recipes and I am so thankful to have been taught by her. What an amazing woman!!

This recipe makes an excellent wedding cake base or the simple dessert for a summer afternoon picnic with friends. I sometimes add the "guts" of a vanilla bean that has been soaking in vodka. You can change the exracts around and make this something totally different.

Ms. Patsy's Cream Cheese Pound Cake

3 cups sugar
3 sticks butter
1-8 oz package cream cheese
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
6 large eggs

Cream sugar, butter, and cream cheese. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each. Add vanilla. At low speed add flour and salt. Pour into large greased and floured tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 20 minutes.

No comments: