Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Chocolate Fondue




I went back and forth on whether or not to use an actual fondue pot. In the end I decided to just put the chocolate mixture in individual ramikins for saftey sake with the children. I just couldn't see a trip to the Emergency Room as the finish to a great Christmas.

Chocolate Fondue
12 oz good quality chocolate, I used a combination dark and semi-sweet Ghiradhelli
1 cup heavy cream

Melt slowly in a double boiler. Transfer to a fondue pot or like I did, ramikins.

I served with
-Sliced apples
-Homemade fruitcake slices
-Pretzels
-Dried apricots
-Marzipan balls
-Strawberries
-Prunes
-Homemade marshmallows


Notes
-I think some flavored liquor would have been really tasty in it.
-In the end I was glad that I made the decision to use the ramikins. It was messy enough as it was, I can't imagine what it would have been like if the children had been dipping into a central pot. When the children get older we will certainly do the pot. You could also have used one of those chocolate fountains that are so popular these days.
-It was a lot of fun and we are going to do this again very soon.

No comments: