Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Ricotta Cheese Doughnuts


After we got back from Disney, I realized that I had 2 large containers of ricotta cheese that needed to be used or would be past the date. I googled ricotta recipes and came up with this jewel from www.cooks.com



AUNT AL'S RICOTTA BALLS
Printed from COOKS.COM
1 lb. Ricotta cheese
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Fill emptied 1 pound Ricotta container with flour.

Beat Ricotta, eggs, and vanilla well. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Drop by teaspoon in hot oil. Deep fry over medium heat until golden brown. Drain on paper towel. Roll in any kind of sugar - ie. powdered cinnamon or granulated.

NOTES
-This is one fo the best things that I have ever eaten!
-They are really only good right then, still warm. After that, they really are nothing special
-I rolled mine in granulated sugar and cinnamon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are truly no words to describe how good these were! I'm frying up a batch tomorrow. Don't call after 11:00am - I will have already eaten too many and I will be on the couch, unable to move.