Monday, December 24, 2007

Cardamon Cookies



Possibly the best cookies that I have ever eaten. Not ooey gooey but thin, crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside with a perfect spice. I love these cookies!!


Cardamon Cookies


1 c butter



1 1/2 c sugar



1 egg



2 Tbs dark corn syrup



3 c flour



2 tsp cinnamon



1/4 tsp salt



2 tsp soda



1/2 tsp ground cloves



1 tsp ground cardamon






Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and syrup. Mix in remaining ingredients. Mold into rolls approximately 2 inches in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper and chill for at least 1 hour. Slice and bake on greased cookie sheets at 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes.

1 comment:

Bix said...

I just bought a jar of ground cardamom. Wow. It's so weird, unlike other spices. And it's strong! I tried some in chai tea and it overpowered everything. Maybe it's an acquired taste? Well, in cookies I'll bet it was really good.