Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas French Toast


I love to make French Toast. I normally use old bread that I have baked. I love cinnamon and fresh nutmeg and generally use a lot of them in my French toast. I starting making Panatone and Stollen at Christmas a few years back (I need to post that recipe). I found both Panatone and Stollen make great French Toast. Also, I was reading a couple of years ago about using leftover eggnog to make French Toast. A light bulb went off and now I make this special Christmas French Toast every year. You can use Panatone or Stollen, which ever you have and I will guess at the ingredients but this is something I never measure.


Christmas French Toast


1 loaf Stollen or Patatone

3 cups egg nogg

4 eggs, lightly beaten

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp fresh nutmeg, or 1/2 tsp powdered

1/2 tsp vanilla


Make thick, even slices of the bread. In a flat pan, mix wet ingredients and spices. Briefly soak the bread in the mixture and dain the best you can. Cook in a medium hot skillet with melted butter.


No comments: